- Bringme believes that your privacy is of the utmost importance and shall strictly process your data in compliance with the applicable privacy regulations.
- We collect personal data, i.e. your address, technical data, the manner in which you use Bringme, etc., via use of the app.
- This data is only used to ensure that you can use Bringme and to communicate with you.
- We will send you, as the user, messages (by email and in the app) concerning Bringme and our related services. You can always unsubscribe to these.
- You can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +32 78 35 36 60.
- You can always exercise your rights to review, delete, correct, and collect your data, submit complaints, etc.
1.What categories of data do we collect?*
- Contact data;
- Technical data: this includes your IP address or your operating system when using the website or app;
- Behaviour: the manner in which you use our website, our mails, or our app and the transactions that are a part of this;
- When using the website: data that we have obtained from other sources;
- Invoicing and payment data, when amounts must be charged;
- If you are a paying business customer, we may request data on your credit scores;
- Your correspondence with us;
- Other data that you share with us or input via the app, such as your photo, comments that you add to your shipments, your addressee’s address, etc.
2.How do we collect your data?
- When using our website
- When communicating with us
- When using our services
- When using the Bringme App
3.How do we use your personal data?
When using Bringme and the Bringme Box
- To make it possible for you to use the Bringme services (shipment, delivery, package exchanges, consulting your history, analysing your use, using your name in the app and on the service console, etc.);
- To prove which transactions have been carried out via Bringme;
- To inform the renters/managers/owners of the Bringme Box concerning the extent to which their Box is used (in the form of general statistics) and, in the case of a private Bringme Box, concerning which users have activated the Box;
- To improve our products;
- To provide you with the appropriate support.
To communicate with you
- To communicate with you (e.g. when you ask us a question);
- To provide you with (targeted) information on services and products (only if you are customer based on legitimate interest or if you request it, e.g. by subscribing to our newsletter). In any case, you can always opt out of receiving any more of these communications.
- To improve, effectively present, and personalise our website;
- To display (targeted) messages on our website;
- To set up your web profile (not via the app) and thus ensure that we can offer you targeted promotions on our website;
4.How do we protect your data?
- Reliable partners
- Technical security measures
In terms of access (login requirements, password policy, role division, etc.), storage (encryption, backup, etc.), and protection from outside access (firewall, antiviral software, etc.) of the media on which personal data could be stored.
- Organisational measures
This includes raising awareness among employees and service providers concerning the importance of privacy, the enforcement of policies, the continuous maintenance of a data register, compliance with a data policy, etc.
Despite the security measures that we take, it is important to know that the transfer of data via an Internet connection is never without risks and you must take the necessary precautions when you are connected with the Internet in order to protect yourself from viruses, malware, etc.
5.You have control over your data
- You are always entitled to know what data we have on you and how, where, and for how long it is processed;
- You have a right to access and correct the data we have on you;
- You can always unsubscribe (opt-out) from the mailings that you receive;
- You can request your data and transfer them to another party;
- You can exercise your ‘right to forget’ or request that we suspend the processing of your data;
- You can always refuse any form of
- direct marketing,
- automatic decision-making,
and you can retract any permission you may have given in this regard.
We will comply with the abovementioned requests as soon as possible and within 30 days in any case, unless a shorter period is required by law.
We can reasonably limit the exercise of your rights, when this could violate our rights or the rights of third parties.
6.Where do we process your data?
- Within the EU as much as possible.
- Outside the EU when an appropriate level of protection is offered in conformance with the GDPR.
7.How long do we store your data?
We store your data for as long as necessary for the abovementioned purposes. Specifically, we will respect the following periods:
- Transaction data in the Bringme App is deleted after one year.
- When you close your Bringme account, your data will be erased from our systems after 30 days, with the exception of the following data:
- data we need to prove compliance with our obligations (deleted after one year or after our obligation of proof is no longer required);
- when the deletion could violate the rights of third parties (such as transaction data).
- If you have not used the Bringme App for over a year, your account will be closed (after a warning).
- If you have not shown any reaction to our emails for a period of one year, then your data will be removed from this processing.
8.Who are we?
Bringme (Ertberg cvba)
VAT BE0403.551.672 (RLE Leuven)
9.How can you reach us?
+32 78 35 36 60
contact form on the website
Our data protection manager is:
- Liesbet Creemers (Liesrood bvba), COO
10.Which third parties process your data?
For the following processing tasks, we collaborate with other companies that process your data but which are not allowed to use this data themselves:
- Hosting our data, our app, and our website
- Analysing our website
- To guarantee and improve the operation of our website;
- To remember you;
- To show you targeted publicity;
- To let you share content from our website on social media;
- To analyse, improve, and personalise the use of our website;
You always have the right to submit a complaint concerning the use of your data
If you are of the opinion that we are not handling your data correctly, then we want to know what your objections are so that we can investigate these and rectify the situation, where necessary.
You can always submit a complaint to the following bodies:
- The Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit (Data Protection Authority) (Belgium)
- The Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Personal Data Authority) (the Netherlands)
- The National Commission for Data Protection (Grand Duchy of Luxembourg)
- The Information Commissioner’s Office (the United Kingdom)
Terms and Conditions of Use for the Website
The use of our website is subject to our Terms and Conditions of Use for the Website.
Terms and Conditions of Use for the Bringme App
The use of Bringme is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use for the Bringme App.
*If you are using this website while in the United Kingdom, then the Data Protection Act of 1998 is applicable; if you are using it while in Belgium, the Netherlands, or the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, then the respective national legislation is applicable.