Last updated on 13.10.2020
- Bringme believes that your privacy is of the utmost importance and shall strictly process your data in compliance with the applicable privacy regulations. In addition, Bringme is ISO 27001- IT Security certified and is Bringme 27701 privacy compliant.
- We collect personal data, i.e. your address, technical data, the manner in which you use Bringme, etc., via our products/services.
- These data are only used to ensure that you can use Bringme and to communicate with you.
- We will send you, as user, messages(by email and in the app) concerning Bringme and our related services. You can always unsubscribe.
- You can always contact us at email@example.com or +32 16 98 02 43.
- You can always exercise your rights to review, delete, correct, and collect your data, submit complaints, etc. by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What categories of your data do we collect?
- Your contact data;
- Your correspondence with us;
- If you apply for a job, your Curriculum Vitae;
- Behavior: the manner in which you use our website, our mails, our app, our products via the Bringme Manager and the transactions that are a part of it;
- When using the website: data that we have obtained from other sources;
- Your IP address and location, when you are using our app or website;
- Technical installation data from the Bringme product’s location by using our onboarding tools;
- Invoicing and payment data, when amounts must be charged;
- If you are a paying business customer, we may request data on your credit scores;
- If you register at the Bringme Desk, whether you are compliant with the safety measures or not and the time of your signing in and out;
- If you use the Bringme Bell, we temporarily keep your picture. However, only authorized persons employed by Bringme, on a need-to know basis, will have access to the data after a serious suspicion of a crime, proof of a report or in the context of legal proceedings and after approval by the Bringme Management;
- Other data that you share with us or input via our products or the app, such as your photo, comments that you add to your shipments, your addressee’s address, etc.
2. To what end do we use your personal data?
2.1 To allow you to use our services
Bringme services are, amongst others: the automatic reception of visitors, shipments and deliveries, package exchanges, consulting your usage history, analysing your use, showing your name in the app and on the service console, etc.);
If you use the above-mentioned services, we use your personal data:
- To prove which transactions have been carried out via Bringme;
- To inform the renters/administrators/owners of Bringme products about the usage of their Bringme product (in the form of general statistics) and, in the case of a private Bringme product, about which users are connected to their private Bringme product;
- To give box mayors the possibility to add or remove potential users, suppliers, service providers and temporary staff in the Bringme Manager;
- To improve our products;
- To provide you with the appropriate support concerning the usage of our product/services.
2.2 To communicate with you
- To communicate with you (e.g. when you ask us a question);
- To provide you with (targeted) information on services and products (only if you are customer, based on legitimate interest, or if you request it, e.g. by subscribing to our newsletter). In any case, you can always opt out of receiving any more of these communications.
- To improve, effectively present, and personalise our website;
- To display (targeted) messages on our website;
- To set up your web profile (not via the app) and thus ensure that we can offer you targeted promotions on our website;
3. Legal basis for the processing of your data
We process your personal data in strict accordance with the applicable privacy legislation and on the basis of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of the agreement: we need to process some of your data to deliver our services and comply with our obligations. For example, we need your contact details to be able to deliver your parcels, your e-mail address to let you know that your visitor has arrived, the address of your addressee to be able to send a parcel and your invoicing data to be able to invoice you (if you use a paying service).
- Legal obligation: in some cases, we are legally obligated to process certain information about you, for example, when we have to send your invoices.
- Legitimate interest: if you are a customer, user or more generally in an existing trade relationship with us, we will send you information and newsletters about our products and services based on a legitimate interest to do so, unless you have unsubscribed.
- Consent: we may also process your data if we are given express consent, e.g. when you register for a newsletter or for certain (targeted) offers (direct marketing).
4. How do we collect your data?
- When using our website;
- When communicating with us;
- When using our products and services;
- When using the our app;
- When you apply for a job with us.
5. How do we protect your data?
Bringme is certified compliant with the ISO27001 Standard.
- Reliable partners
- Technical security measures
By security measurement for access (login requirements, password policy, role division, etc.), storage (encryption, backup, etc.), and protection from outside access (firewall, antiviral software, etc.) of the media on which personal data is stored.
- Organisational measures
This includes raising awareness among employees and service providers about the importance of privacy, the enforcement of policies, the continuous maintenance of a data register, compliance with a data policy, etc.
Despite the security measures that we take, it is important to know that the transfer of data via an Internet connection is never without risks and you must take the necessary precautions when you are connected with the Internet in order to protect yourself from viruses, malware, etc.
6. You have control over your data
- You are always entitled to know which data we have about you and how, where, and for how long it is processed;
- You have a right to access and correct the data we have about you;
- You can always unsubscribe (opt-out) from the Bringme mailings that you receive;
- You can request your data and transfer them to another party;
- You can exercise your ‘right to forget’ or request that we suspend the processing of your data;
- You can always refuse any form of direct marketing, profiling, automatic decision-making,
and you can retract any permission you may have given in this regard at any time.
We will comply with the above mentioned requests as soon as possible and within 30 days in any case, unless a shorter period is required by law.
We can reasonably limit the exercise of your rights, when this could violate our rights or the rights of third parties.
7. Where do we process your data?
- Within the EU as much as possible.
- Outside the EU when an appropriate level of protection is offered in conformance with the GDPR.
8. How long do we keep your data?
We store your data for as long as necessary for the above-mentioned purposes. Specifically, we will respect the following periods:
- Your data stored in the Bringme Manager will be erased from our systems automatically after 12 months:
- In other cases, the data will not be stored for any longer period than is reasonably justifiable based on the reasons for its processing and the legitimate needs arising from this. These storage periods do not violate your right to forget.
- When the deletion would violate the rights of third parties (such as transaction data).
- Images of the Bringme Bell are automatically deleted after 30 days. If you use the Bringme Bell, your picture is taken. However, only authorized persons employed by Bringme, on a need-to know basis, will have access to the data after a serious suspicion of a crime, proof of a report or in the context of legal proceedings and after approval by the Bringme Management.
9. Which third parties process your data?
For the following processing tasks, we collaborate with other companies that process your data, but which are not allowed to use this data themselves:
- Hosting our data, our app, and our website
- Analysing our website
- Processing by couriers, such as bpost, DHL, etc.
10. Who are we?
Bringme (Ertzberg cvba)
0403.551.672 (RLE Leuven)
11. How can you reach our Data Protection Officer?
+32 16 89 13 89
- To guarantee and improve the operation of our website;
- To remember you;
- To show you targeted publicity;
- To let you share content from our website on social media;
- To analyse, improve, and personalise the use of our website;
13. You always have the right to submit a complaint concerning the use of your data
If you are of the opinion that we are not handling your data correctly, then we wish to know what your objections are so that we can investigate these and rectify the situation, when necessary.
You can also always submit a complaint to the following bodies:
- De Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit(Belgium)
- Der Bundesbeaufragte für den Datenschutz (Germany)
- La Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des libertés (France)
- La Commission nationale pour la protection des données(Luxembourg)
- Garante Per La Protezione Dei Dati Personali (Italy)
- Office of the Comissioner for Data Protection (Malta)
- De Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens(Netherlands)
- The Information Commissioner's Office(United Kingdom)
14. Terms and Conditions
15. Privacy legislation
- We may update this policy from time to time by posting a new version on our website.
- You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- We will notify you of significant changes to this policy by posting it on our site. We also maintain an archive of changes. You can consult this archive by contacting us.